A semi-recumbent bike is a good option if:
- You’re comfortable balancing on a bike but would like the added stability of being a bit closer to the ground
- Want the added support or having a back rest
- Want the added support of having a wider seat
- Want to relieve the pressure on your arms and hands accompanied with the traditional positioning of coming over the handlebars of a traditional bike
- Don’t want to or are unable to get in and out of a lower fully recumbent bicycle
Another nice added feature is the lowered top tube making it a step through bike which makes it much easier to step into and out of the bike.
Another benefit of the semi-recumbent bike is that you can sit on the bike comfortably with both feet on the ground.
Semi-Recumbent Bike Brands
Giant Revive (I don’t think these are being produced anymore)