Here is a list of places around the United States where you can rent or borrow a handcycle.
If you know of any places not mentioned on the list, please add the information in the comments below.
- Gaylord Specialty Hospital, Wallingford, CT. They have a therapeutic recreation program and may let you borrow a handcycle.
- Palmer Handcycle (Individual) – An upright handcycle located in South Windsor, CT. Contact us if you’d like to come try it out or borrow it (firstname.lastname@example.org). More info available here.
- On the Cape Cod Rail Trail in Dennis and Wellfleet, MA. There are a limited number of handcycles available for rent. Call 508-896-3491 for information
- Northeast Passage in Durham, NH. They also have other adaptive equipment rentals available as well.
- Adaptive Sports Partners in Franconia, NH
- Bike-On – Bike-On is perhaps the premier seller of handcycles in the U.S. Although they don’t offer any formal handcycle rentals, I think it’s likely that they would let you borrow a handcycle to try out if you’re thinking of buying one down the line.